Monday 15 March 2010

Good Laboratory Practice

Unbelievable, it's already the 8th week of my practical for final year project! It seems like it was just yesterday when I first met my task supervisor, first day having fun in the lab playing with chemicals, oh dear...so many things have happened and solved and settled and now many more things are coming to be done, ENDLESS work to do man! But, I have a feeling that I will be reluctant to leave the lab on the last day, the lab is like my 2nd home now, I've been spending most of my time there synthesising and taking care of my beloved chemical compounds, we have formed strong chemistry bonds already...I will cherish my last week in the lab =)

Anyway, ever do something this stupid in the lab before? If you havnt, then learn from my mistake.

One fine day, I was tyring to clean my lab specs and thinking that using some solution would be a good idea, so then I grabbed the ACETONE which is used to clean glassware, splashing it onto my specs and started rubbing it with a piece of tissue. As a consequences...


the more I rubbed, the blurrer the lens become, the more scratches on my specs! I was wondering what the hell was happening, so I showed it to my task supervisor and I gained a round of laughter from my colleagues, Oh yes I wasnt the first dummie who have done that, at least someone used to be as stupid as me (doesnt imply anyone one here :P) Unfortunately, it was my only lab specs that can fit nicely onto my 'big skull' and doesnt put any pressure on the side of my head, I just murdered it under my hand on the second day I brought it to the lab -____- Anyway, I was lucky enough that my task supervisor was ordering a new one for me, a brand new one which I could choose from a nice catelogue! *touching*

So, Good Laboratory Practice 1: Do not wash plastic-made items with ACETONE, use METHANOL instead.


It was so clean and clear back in Malaysia Campus, huge contrast to the terrible state now.

stay tune for GLP chapter 2 ^.^

3 comments:

CrunchyCookies said...

The person next to you just made your pic not specific to u. haha...
Wow finally changed song!!
So next GLP will be in april?
haha...

Anonymous said...

Well your article helped me altogether much in my college assignment. Hats off to you send, wish look progressive for the duration of more related articles soon as its united of my pick subject-matter to read.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.